If it isn’t over this season then it sure is darn close to being over. Dallas laid an egg and they did it in a way where Cowboys nation is up in arms about the situation of the team. Not only did the offense play poorly but the defense struggled too on Monday night. If you thought the Washington loss was big, well Dallas one upped themselves here. Week 9 probably signaled the end of the year in my eyes.
Let’s take a look at some of the good and bad from the game:
- Turnovers were a big part of why Dallas lost this game on Sunday. Prescott himself coughed up the ball a few times and one of the mistakes led to an immediate I’m using this from last week as now it is becoming a recurring theme. Prescott has horrible pocket presence but one of his turnovers was force feeding Cooper. You could see what the coaches wanted him to do, and now I’m sure that they are the ones that are messing up this young quarterback.
- We saw the team make big time changes during the bye week. One was the promotion of Marc Colombo to offensive line coach and bringing in the veteran Hudson Houck. Neither one did anything special coaching wise. The Titans were able to bring pressure during the second half on a consistent basis. Plus now they’ve lost Connor Williams to a knee injury.
- What happened to the defense? Not only did they get dominated Monday night, they looked like the defense from a few years ago. I for one would vouch for them that they were on the field way too long.
- Brett Maher is broken. He missed another field goal and now I wonder if that Redskins game is in his head. Dallas had a big time opportunity early to go up 2 scores and Maher’s miss was huge. The young kicker needs to get his act together or he could be on his way out.
- Coaching. We have the worst coached offense in the league in my opinion. The breakdowns are plenty and several around the league are fed up with it.
- Finally, why the heck would you not try to get the ball to Elliott more in the second half? Yes, running up the middle was not working, but you could’ve tried some screens and tosses to get him in space. Not very happy with how they used the young man at all.
- Amari Cooper looks good. Early in the game, Cooper made some pretty darn good plays. You could see how good of a route runner he is. It will be interesting to see if the Cowboys can fix Prescott. This will for sure benefit Cooper.
- Smith and LVE looked solid again. Even with Sean Lee out (which I’m sure you noticed wasn’t on my bad list) these two guys are going to flourish.
- The Cowboys passing game hit over 200 yards in the air. This was a good sign and Prescott did spread the ball out more in this one. He was able to hit 7 different targets (WR, TE, RBs) and even stretched the field at times.
I could easily state some more bad things in this one. Vent mode could be activated easily. Who are these guys? This team has no identity. This was a horrendous loss. Dallas was beat in all 3 phases of the game. If you as a Cowboys fan didn’t take this game as a slap in the face, well, I pray for you. I for one do not believe in this team and am disgusted with the product we have been given as fans.