Well who the heck were those guys we saw this past Sunday!? Dallas blew out the Jaguars in a game where dominance was an understatement. Shocked? Kind of… Nobody expected the Jaguars to drop the ball the way they did. Heck, nobody thought the Cowboys offense was going to be as good as they were.
Let’s take a look at some of the good and bad from the game:
- I do not believe Dak Prescott can throw for 300 yards and this is concerning. Dallas was able to win the game with Prescott being efficient, but he didn’t stretch the field. His longest pass of the game was 27 yards.
- Prescott wasn’t able to find any other receiver more than 2 times. Allen Hurns received 5 targets for the game but wasn’t able to haul 1. Cole Beasley seemed like he was the only guy out there catching passes from Dak. This is not good for the passing game.
- I’m nitpicking on this one but we did allow Prescott to be sacked 3 times. This is really just nitpicking in regards to something.
- Dallas isn’t able to put together this type of performance on the road and this is troubling. They are two different teams when at home and on the road. They will need to get this fixed if they want to make a push towards the playoffs.
- What wasn’t? Dallas moved the ball down the field, forced turnovers, and scored points.
- Brett Maher was once again a stud. I’ve added him where I can in fantasy football and I suggest you do the same. The man was hitting kicks from everywhere and he’s making it harder every week to justify keeping Dan Bailey.
- Elliott ran for over 100 yards and scored a late touchdown. Zeke was big time in this one pacing the Cowboys offense.
- Prescott ran the ball 11 times! This was necessary for Dallas to keep the Jaguars defense honest and it worked. Prescott was able to rush for a touchdown and find gaps in the defense all day.
- Cole Beasley tore it up. 9 receptions for over 100 yards and 2 touchdowns. He had the best receiving game for the Cowboys this season.
Sometimes it feels very good to be wrong. This was one of those times. Dallas demolished the Jaguars defense and they also shut the mouth of a Mr. Ramsey. Not only was this performance solid from top to bottom, but it shows us that this team has the potential to do some great things. Let’s hope that this was not an anomaly and something we can get used to.