Regular Season All Time Record: Dallas 61-43-2
First Matchup: 31-31 Tie
Last Matchup: 31-28 Dallas
The first matchup between both these teams ended up in a tie over 50 years ago. Dallas was a young franchise then and the New York Giants had already been established. Let’s take a look at some highlights throughout the years of this fun and competitive rivalry.
- Tom Landry our beloved head coach actually used to play for the Giants and was their Defensive Coordinator
- Dallas went 17-3 against the Giants in the 1970’s
- New York has won the only Playoff Game between both teams. The game was a divisional Playoff game in 2007, and the Giants won 21-17
- In 1993, Emmitt Smith separated his shoulder against the Giants. He returned to finish the game with one of the most courageous and gustiest performances in NFL History.
- The Giants spoiled AT&T Stadium’s NFL debut, beating the Cowboys 33-31
- At the New Meadowlands Stadium, Dallas played spoiler and beat the Giants 33-20. This was also Jason Garrett’s debut as Cowboys head coach
- The Giants beat Dallas in two important match ups en route to both of their most recent Super Bowl victories, once in the Playoffs and once in the regular season to advance to the Playoffs
- Odell Beckham Jr made his one handed finger grab against the Cowboys as a rookie. It has become one of the most iconic catches as of late
- The Cowboys are 3-1 in New York and the Giants are 4-1 in Dallas