Even when they don’t try to be in the news they are in the news. Here are some quick takes over the past week that I’ve gathered from media outlets in regards to our favorite football team.
- T-Will Might get Suspended: Back earlier in the year, Williams crashed his Lamborghini in Frisco while intoxicated. So far what is being stated is that the NFL could suspend the receiver for his actions. We will see what verdict is passed down by the league.
- Brice Butler in Dallas? Yep, Butler has been signed for receiver depth. If you don’t recall, Butler is the one who put the team on blast earlier in the year. I’m not sure if the Williams situation is the reason why Butler is here. I for one am not a fan of his but if the Cowboys think he can help then I hope he can help.
- Landry Jones Visits: Landry Jones who was a backup for the Steelers was also in town. He might be looking to lock up an easy backup quarterback opportunity.
- Dan Bailey Finds a Home: Our man Dan is officially a Minnesota Viking. After a slew of missed field goals and PAT’s this past weekend, several vacancies were created in the NFL for a kicker. Bailey puts himself in a position with a team that looks to be a strong contender. Personally I wish him well and successful (unless he faces the Cowboys of course).
- Sack City: Demarcus Lawrence has 2 sacks in a total of 2 games. The Cowboys defense overall has 9 sacks in 2 games. At this point last year the team only had 5 sacks, and Lawrence on the other hand had 3.5 sacks. What is huge is that the Cowboys lead the league in sacks. It’s been a while since we’ve stated that around here, but the defense is looking really darn good so far.
- Defensive Additions: Randy Gregory and Xavier Woods are stated to possibly be back this week against the Seahawks. If these two guys can play on Sunday then I believe it could help a lot. Russell Wilson is playing behind a dud of an offensive line, so the Cowboys should get pressure on him often.